At around midnight, fire broke out in the casting furnace of the Wiles Foundry in Grassy Point. The damage amounted to about $300.00. Wayne Hose promptly responded with our 1894 hose cart and helped contain the fire to the building of origin.
It was reported by the Rockland County Times on December 11, 1909 that a fire damaged a kiln shed at the Reilly and Rose Brickyard while most residents enjoyed a nights sleep. Discovered by people coming from the 12 o’clock train, the fire was fought with buckets and axes by local citizens until Wayne Hose and Grassy Point firemen arrived to bring it under control. The brickyard was located about where Minisceongo Yacht Club stands in the then Grassy Point Fire District. This is believed to be the first out of district mutual aid call for the Stony Point Fire Department.
A building owned by Dr. Govan, situated on the southwest corner of Rt. 9W and West Main St., was all but destroyed by this early Monday fire. At the time, it was occupied by an Anna Lawrence and a Mrs. Nosely. The fire was believed to be caused by a defective chimney
The first recorded false alarm in the Stony Point Fire District occurred on November 3, 1896.
Fire destroyed the new, handsome residence, of Mort Baisley on the Stony Point-Tomkins Cove Rd, just opposite the lane leading to the Heitlinger residence (believed to be in the area of Hastings Lane). The fire occurred around 4:00 A.M