The Main Station: 18-100
The main firehouse for the Stony Point Fire District is on the corner of Summit Avenue and North Liberty Drive (commonly known as Route 9W.) On August 19 1953, the taxpayers approved a proposition to spend $5,200.00 for the purchase of the property. The two-story brick edifice was erected in 1955 at a cost of $90.000.00. The Wayne Hose Co. spent another $14,000.00 “plus” for furnishings. It was dedicated on December 10, 1955 at an “open house”. Below are some pictures of how it looks today.
Station 2: 18-101
Located at the corner of Route 210 and Central Highway on a half acre of land, Station 2 was opened in 1974. This former gas station, which has been remodeled affords the housing of additional apparatus as well as a faster response time to those areas to the south and west of the town. Below are some pictures of how it looks today.